Thursday 22 February 2018

Coleridge Blog Reanimation



Last year was a period of latency for this blog, pretty much. After a number of years of fairly intensive mining of the Cole Ridge, I spent 2017 working on other things. But there are glimmers of life in the blog again now. You see, having put a couple of other projects to bed, I'm revving up to work on a funded research project to do with Coleridge's Latin. That means I'm going to start blogging here again, testing ideas, jotting things down, writing posts. If the archive of material on this blog constitutes a string of often heroically abstruse and reader-unfriendly lucubrations, I can promise that what's going to follow will be considerably more abstruse and rebarbative. Few people are interested in Coleridge nowadays; many fewer have any interest in neo-Latin culture (especially this late in the day—I mean, the day of neo-Latin culture: the nineteenth-century was the last gasp of any serious European Latinity). And the crossover between those two groups is minuscule. And that's the target audience I'm going for with these posts. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment